Monday, February 23

Product Review: Sprinkles Cupcake Mix


Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night yearning for a decadent cupcake, especially a Sprinkles Cupcake? Unless you had happened to go to Sprinkles that day, this would be a major dilemma. Sprinkles Cupcakes are almost a food group of their own. They were made famous years ago and basically started this whole Cupcake Craze that has taken over the world. 



I discovered Sprinkles Cupcake Mixes from Williams-Sonoma last year  and let me tell you, they have come in handy. They are easy to whip up in a second and they are really good. The cake is a little denser than grocery store cake mixes, which I really like because I find the grocery store ones wayyy to light and they always fall apart. Also, the Butter-cream frosting recipe that comes with the mix is the easiest thing ever! I have used it for the past year for other cupcakes and cakes and people really like it! I have only tried the vanilla and chocolate mixes but I know that Williams-Sonoma also carries red velvet, banana, and I think they used to have lemon. They also have some seasonal ones like chocolate peppermint for Christmas Time. 

Below are some photos of the vanilla cupcakes that I made a few months ago. I also added some moist coconut flakes on top to add some more flavor. I am basically addicted to coconut. *Baking Tip: Covering cakes and cupcakes with coconut is a great way to hide flaws if you are not fabulous at applying frosting! 

                                                    They even come with the little dots to stick on top! 
                                                                 Warning: Do not eat the dots.....they are pretty disgusting

No comments:

Post a Comment