Friday, February 27

A Cookbook for Everyone


I recently discovered Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook. This cookbook is filled with amazing recipes, tips, and even lessons that correspond with the chapters. One of my favorite aspects of this cookbook is the fact that it has pictures of all the recipes. For me, every cookbook I buy must show pictures. How else am I supposed to know what the final product is supposed to look like? Also, having pictures just makes it more fun. Anyways, this cookbook is laid out very clearly and has really useful tips for beginers. Wether it be learning about tools or learning to select the perfect vegetables, this book really has it all. 

I am particularly fond of the dessert section in this book. She has some really simple and very classic desserts such as yellow butter cake with easy chocolate butter-creamdouble crust apple pie, chocolate souffle, and much more. the best thing about it is that every one has a picture for every step (REPEAT: EVERY STEP!!!!). GAhhhhhhh, so amazing. and the number in the corner corresponds to the step number. That is so beautiful that I could cry. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone purchase this book. 

I am looking forward to trying a few of these recipes and seeing if my results look as good as Martha's do! 




image source: 
http://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewarts-Cooking-School-Lessons/dp/0307396444

No comments:

Post a Comment