Monday, February 23

Introduction

Hello everyone! Welcome to my Confessions of a Bakeaholic blog. My name is Allison and this blog came to life as a part of my Senior Project for school. As you can probably tell by the name of my blog, I really....really...really...like to bake. This blog is going to serve as a journal of some sorts as I learn to improve my baking techniques and learn advanced techniques that I've never tried (such as using fondant, sugar sculpting, tiered cakes, wedding cakes, etc...). I am going to be privately studying under a pastry chef and bringing my readers some insight into the world of baking. 

I am going to mainly be focusing on cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and other baked goods along with the intricate process of decorating them with fondant, sugar sculpting, etc... For example, I normally would just bake a simple 2 layer yellow cake with butter-cream frosting BUT there is soooooo much more fun stuff beyond that. Even if you can't make a Betty Crocker cake mix to save your life, I hope you can learn some things from my blog. I will be teaching you not only some great recipes, but also you will be learning about baking tools and baking terminology. You may be asking, why does this person care so much about baking? Simple: 

#1  baking is an activity that bring me a lot of joy and confidence and my friends and family can enjoy the results
#2 It brings people together
#3 you can learn a lot about your family history through all those ancient index cards scribbled in hardly legible pen with your great-grandmothers secret apple pie recipe 
#4 cooking is a HUGE part of my family. anyone who knows my family will tell you that no one ever goes hungry at my house
#5 through baking I have learned perseverance, determination, and risk taking
#6 it tastes good
#7 IT'S FUN!!!
 
I'm just getting started on this whole "blog" thing so it may take me a few posts to figure out exactly how I am going to format my posts and post pictures. I hope to show pictures of ALL steps of whatever it is that I am baking or working on, along with clear and detailed explanations. If you have any suggestions (or even any requests for what to bake) please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment